As a little girl, your mother introduced you to the art of applying makeup. You learned how to use different makeup brushes to color your eyelids with eye shadow and touch your lips with color. However, now that you’re a grown up, you need to have your own set of brushes. Though you may have gotten a few with some of your cosmetics, you may still have to shop for the essentials.
Before you head out to buy a set of brushes, make sure to remember these seven tips to identify the best makeup brushes.
- Your choice of brushes should depend on the type of cosmetics you use. For example, if you use powder-based products, brushes made from natural hair are the best.
- One of the most common types of makeup brushes is one made from goat hair. Not only does it distribute powder evenly on your skin, but it also helps in blending the makeup, and, buffing your skin. This is why it is used mainly for applying foundation.
- Pony hair brushes are considered the best makeup brushes for applying blush and contouring your features. They are fine and soft enough to glide off your skin, this allows it to radiate through your makeup.
- To identify the best makeup brushes, check for bristle thickness and design. High quality brushes are usually thick and come with tapered, round tops. In addition, they should be made from natural hair, and silky to the touch.
- If most of your cosmetics are oil-based, you should shop for synthetic brushes such as nylon brushes. This will make the tedious process of cleaning makeup brushes less of a hassle.
- Consider airbrush makeup brushes rather than conventional bristle brushes. When it comes to makeup brushes vs. airbrush makeup, the latter comes on top because it promotes hygiene, doesn’t require regular replacements, and, can be cleaned easily. However, to get the most from your airbrush, you need to buy it from a leading airbrush cosmetics producer such as Dinair.
- Over time, brushes can be expensive, but they are a cost you live with to get the perfect makeup. However, if you want to save a bit of money, consider using sable brushes. These are quite versatile because they work with both wet and dry makeup. In addition, they are very soft and extremely durable, therefore guaranteeing value for your money.
These are the most important tips you should remember when hunting for the best makeup brushes. So, have a great time shopping for a new set of makeup brushes, or, your new airbrush makeup system.