Makeup brushes are an essential part of any makeup user’s kit. Like any tool, they require you to properly maintain them by cleaning and using a lot of care, in order to; provide you with the great makeup experience you desire. However, few people give much time, or thought, to cleaning and maintaining their makeup brushes. As a result, not only do they decrease the life span of their brushes, but they also reduce their level of hygiene, and, prevent them from working smoothly.
If you already own the best makeup brushes for your kit, here are the most important cleaning makeup brushes tips you should know to make them last.
- Use baby shampoo or special brush cleaners on a regular basis to clean out any old makeup stuck in the brush’s bristles. This will aid in making sure that you don’t develop skin problems due to bacteria growing on the bristles, and, will keep your brushes in good shape.
- Rich colors can easily stain white-haired brushes. So, unless you want to buy a new brush each time you shop, make sure to wash the color out of your brushes, once you’re finished applying your makeup.
- Though some makeup products take their time to leave the bristles of your brush, you need to be very gentle while cleaning the brush. At times, cleaning makeup brushes can cause them to shed, or bleed dye, but that shouldn’t be too excessive, or, occur too often. This is needed if you want to have a good set of brushes by the end of the day.
- When cleaning your brushes, avoid wetting the ferrule. The ferrule, which is the part where the bristles join the handle, is usually glued on. Therefore, wetting it regularly will weaken the glue causing the bristles to come loose.
- Consider using paper towels to dry your makeup brushes before letting them air dry. Not only does this ensure that your brushes dry faster, but it also removes any gunk you may have missed while washing your brushes.
- Adding 3-4 drops of tea tree oil to the cleaning process helps reduce the amount of bacteria and fungi your brushes could cultivate. In addition, when used with shampoo, it increases the amount of suds, therefore ensuring that your brushes are quite clean.
- If your brush resists the cleaning process, then that actually indicates that it’s about time for you to buy a new one. So, head down to the makeup store and buy a replacement.
As you may have noticed, there are many things to consider when properly cleaning makeup brushes. This is why airbrush makeup, and airbrushes, is on top when it comes to makeup brushes vs. airbrush makeup. Companies like Denair provide innovative airbrushes which require minimal cleaning to last you a lifetime. However, if you’re a conventional makeup user, make sure that you don’t get “lazy” while cleaning your makeup brushes.